Design Build 2
A multiple number of new facilities and upgrades that constitute Design Build 2 will increase load capacity for new customers and improve the resiliency of Grant PUD’s electric system to power outages.
The second round of "Design-Build" projects include:
- A new 115-kilovolt transmission line named Red Rock T-line located East of Royal City.
- A new substation named Red Rock located South East of Royal City.
- Design and construction of the new Royal City Substation.
- A new 115kV breaker at Frenchman Hills Substation for origination of the Red Rock Transmission Line and addition of new protection & control relays.
- Design and construction of the new Burke Substation near George.
- An additional transformer to the Quincy Plains Substation in Quincy.
- Addition of 180 MVAR capacitor banks to the large Mt. View substation in Quincy to help regulate voltage as load increases.
- A Mobile Transformer Tap at Mountain View to increase capacity for large industrial customers.
- A new substation in Quincy named Baird Springs to serve large industrial customers.
- A new South Ephrata Substation off Dodson Road with a "ring bus" to increase reliability by allowing crews to isolate outages and keep power on to more customers.
Construction Start: 2020
Project Completion: 2023