Types of Information We Collect
The types of non-public, personal and contact information we may collect comes to us a variety of sources, including:
- Information you provide when you open an account such as your name, address, social security number and date of birth (solely to validate your identity) and contact and employer information.
- Information you provide needed to complete the online bill payment such as credit card information bank account information, email address, billing address information and Grant PUD account information.
- Information related to your online bill payment transactions such as email notifications, banking related notifications and payment methods.
- Information we receive third parties such as consumer reporting agencies.
Types of Information We Disclose
Grant PUD limits collection and use of information about our customers to that which is necessary to administer our business or improve our service. We will provide Personal Information to outside entities only under these conditions:
- When we are required to do so by law.
- When we are required by the Public Records Act, RCW 42.56, to disclose information. All information collected at this Web site or through this Service becomes a public record that may be subject to inspection by the public unless an exemption in law exists. Exemptions to disclosure exist for certain information such as residential mailing addresses, residential telephone numbers, credit card numbers, bank account numbers or any personal information as exempted in RCW 42.56.230 and 42.56.330 or elsewhere in the Public Records Act.
- We may also disclose Personal Information in a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to any applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or the Web site; (b) protect or defend our rights or property, the web site or users; or (c) act under urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, the users of the Web site or the public.
- We may disclose names, phone numbers and certain account information to companies that the District uses to perform surveying or marketing services designed to evaluate and improve the quality of the District’s customer service. We contractually require these companies to adhere to strict standards of information security and confidentiality. Grant PUD does not sell any customer information for any third party marketing.
- We will disclose the necessary account information, billing information and contact information to service agencies that Grant PUD has contracted with to provide billing and electric account services for our customers, such as online billing and payment processing companies. Again, these companies are contractually required to safeguard this information to our standards.
Verification of Identity
Because Grand PUD considers security of private information a top priority, it is our policy to verify the identity of any person establishing a new account with us.
Additionally, before sharing account information, Grant PUD takes commercially reasonable measures to verify that the account access is being requested by you or by a person whom you have designated as having financial responsibility on your account.
No data protection method or process can be completely secure, whether through web sites, mail or in person. Grant PUD will take reasonable steps to protect your information, but Grant PUD does not guarantee or warrant that it will be able to do so. Grant PUD will not be liable for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized acts of third parties or other events outside our reasonable control.