Safety Space: Holiday safety gift ideas
Need a last-minute gift idea for family or friends?
Give a gift of safety that just might save their life.
Here are some gift ideas:
- Smoke detectors and batteries.
- A quality fire extinguisher.
- A flashlight and batteries or light sticks.
- A first-aid kit.
- An automobile safety kit including jumper cables, flares, fix-a-flat, reflectors.
- A carbon monoxide detector.
- A mobile phone.
- A second-floor escape ladder.
- An "Emergency kit"- energy bars, water, battery radio, flashlight/light sticks and a first-aid kit packed in a small travel bag.
- A kinetic flashlight that doesn't need batteries.
- A weather alert radio.
- A radio that runs by cranking rather than batteries.
- A talking smoke detector if they have small children.
- A bicycle helmets.
- A GFCI extension cord.
Many of these items we don't think about until we NEED them or it's too late. Consider giving the gift of safety this holiday season.
-- Thanks to Senior Safety Coordinator RJ Fronsman for this week's Safety Space