Grant PUD Announces Fiber build-out areas for 2023
EPHRATA – Grant PUD will expand its high-speed, fiber-optic telecommunication service to more than 1,400 customers in 2023 as part of a county-wide buildout project.
The areas slated for fiber buildout include:
- Warden Area Completion (Part of the 2022 delayed by supply issues, weather and permits.)
- Rural area north, east and south of Quincy (Part of the 2022 delayed by supply issues, weather and permits.)
- Rural area NW and SW of Quincy
- Jericho area of the Royal Slope.
- Dodson Road to Frenchman Hills
- Wahluke area east of Mattawa
- Desert Aire to Road O SW
For a full list of areas that are currently connected and a schedule for those being added, visit https://grantpud.org/getfiber. There you can search for your address on an interactive map, see the proposed implementation order for future expansion and connect with a service provider.
This year's work will also focus on upgrading hardware and other key components of the network, increasing data capacity and ensuring the system will meet the demands of the next decade.
In 2022, Grant PUD extended fiber to 1,095 more customers as part of the utility's project to expand service throughout Grant County. As of Dec. 31, 2022, Grant PUD fiber is available to 39,397 customers and more than 27,500 customers are connected to the service through one of our participating internet service providers.