2019 Washington PUD Association Scholarship
Children and dependents of Grant PUD employees are eligible to apply for the new $1,000 Washington PUD Educational Scholarship, as well as $250 to go towards educational expenses from the Grant PUD Employee Association.
To be eligible to apply, students or legal dependents of Grant PUD employees must be:
· A child or legal dependent of a present Grant PUD employee.
· Regularly enrolled as a senior in high school or equivalent schooling.
· Maintaining at least a 3.0 grade point average.
· Participating in extracurricular activities, community service, or school activities that exemplify a commitment to excellence.
· Seeking enrollment as a full-time student at an accredited university, technical/trade school, or community college.
· A completed application form (download file below).
· A current grade transcript.
· An essay (maximum of 2,000 words) on any of the following subjects: electricity, wastewater, drinking water, broadband telecommunication, customer service, or renewables.
All eligible applicants will be entered into a drawing with the winner chosen randomly during the Grant PUD commission meeting on Tuesday, Oct. 8. The winner of the local drawing will receive $250 from the Grant PUD Employee Association for educational expenses.For the second stage, the winner of the local drawing will have his or her application submitted to the Washington PUD Association (WPUDA) to compete for the $1,000 state-wide scholarship. The WPUDA Awards Committee will review applications in October. The scholarship recipient will be announced during WPUDA's annual conference in December.