Districtwide Service Desk Support Team
Starting immediately, the Service Desk is rolling out some cool new services meant to provide quicker and easier access to the Support and Services you need to perform your work.
What are the benefits to you:
- Districtwide Service Desk Support Team – fast, easy access to Service Desk help and support. Access to up to date information at a glance.
- New combined Service Desk Request Form – One stop location for requesting a wide range of support and services.
- Service Desk Support Bot – 24/7 response, less waiting, faster access to information and services. Plus, its fun!
New Service Desk Support Team!
The Service Desk now has a Districtwide support Team in Microsoft Teams!
All current and new employees and contractors with GCPUD accounts will have automatic access to this Team.
Here you can interact with the Service Desk Team for help and support needs, find information and How To's, as well as submit a request for a wide range of IT Services using the new Service Desk Request form or view the status of your Open Requests.
New One Stop Service Desk Form!
The new Service Desk Request form uses Microsoft Forms to combine all of our previous forms into one form, providing a guided experience. Reporting a technical issue, requesting new accounts, remote access or contractor access; its all-in place now!
New Service Desk Support Bot!
The Service Desk now has a brand spanking new support bot! This nifty IT denizen is now available to answer all those pesky questions you always wanted to ask the Service Desk! No more waiting in the phone queue, no email, just open the bot in Teams and ask away!
Examples of things you can ask this bot are:
- How do I reset my password?
- How do I contact the Service Desk?
- How do I submit a ticket?
- How do I create a Microsoft form?
- How do I share a file in OneDrive?
- Where can I find Office 365 training?
Now this bot is a young bot, and it is constantly learning under the tutelage of the Service Desk Team. If you ask it something it doesn't know, please make sure to give it feedback. Feedback helps us identify areas we need to provide more information. You can't hurt it's feelings I promise, so be honest.
The new bot icon should be automatically available for you in Teams on the left hand panel along with Activity, Chat, and Teams.
If for some reason it is not there, it can be easily added by selecting the Apps Icon on the left at the bottom:
Then search for "Service Desk Support"
Select the App and click Open
This is a ton of change so please please reach out to me with any and all feedback. Incremental process improvement is the name of the game!