EPHRATA – This Memorial Day weekend we are reminding everyone to be safe while visiting our recreation sites.
On May 8, Grant PUD reopened many day-use amenities, including boat launches, on our 20 recreation sites. Since then, we have observed most of our visitors following rules that promote social distancing to prevent the spread of Coronavirus. We are asking that all visitors do the same this weekend.
These rules include:
- Adhere to the governor's order to recreate close to home.
- Maintain at least six feet between yourselves and those outside of your immediate household.
- Follow posted information and respect areas that remain closed.
- Bring your own water, soap and hand sanitizer with you and wash your hands often.
- Take your garbage with you when leaving a recreation area.
- Stay home if you're not feeling well.
We also remind everyone to play it safe by wearing lifejackets, pay attention to all warning signs, and be aware that water levels and weather conditions can quickly change.
See www.grantpud.org/visit-us for a full list of our recreation sites and which amenities are open. We are completing our preliminary evaluation of the first phase in reopening our recreation sites. Based on the result of this evaluation, we plan to open more recreation amenities, including the Crescent Bar golf course and walking trail on June 1.
About Grant PUD: Established by local residents over 80 years ago, Grant PUD generates and delivers energy to millions of customers throughout the Pacific Northwest. For more information visit www.grantpud.org or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.