With winter weather in full swing, electric bills can easily begin to climb. Learning to be conscientious of these common high-bill causes will help you start the year off right. Grant PUD offers these winter conservations tips to help melt away the woes of winter bills:
- Be sure to check your duct systems. Ducts can come loose, fall off or develop holes caused by aging equipment or animals.
- Set your thermostat to 68 degrees.
- When your fire is out in the fireplace be sure to close the chimney damper.
- Close all foundation vents.
- Inspect weather stripping around doors and windows and replace if worn or damaged.
- Consider installing a heat pump. Heat pumps use less energy and Grant PUD offers loan programs for qualifying customers.