On Friday, December 16, Grant PUD customers in the Moses Lake area will experience a planned power outage from approximately 2:00 a.m. – 4:30 a.m. Our crews will use this time to ensure the reliability of your transmission lines in order to help prevent unplanned outages this winter. If extreme weather occurs in this timeframe, the outage may be rescheduled.
Specific Moses Lake areas impacted include: north from Alder Street Fill including Stratford Road commercial area extending to county Road 16 N.E., Cascade Valley, the base area and customers north of Highway 17 and along Road 4 N.E.
If you have medically sensitive electronic needs please call customer service at (509) 766-2505 and we can help you make alternative arrangements. Remember, it’s important to always have a back up in place for your medical equipment in the case of an unplanned outage.
Safety tips during a power outage:
- Never use candles for lighting. Only use flashlights for emergency lighting.
- Do not use barbecues, gas stoves, generators or other fuel-burning devices inside your home or basement.
- Turn off and unplug all sensitive electrical equipment.
- Avoid opening the refrigerator or freezer.
- Turn off the furnace, appliances and all but one light. Wait at least 10 minutes after power is restored before turning these items back on.
For details on an extended area outage, follow us on Twitter (@Grant PUD).