Following recent public hearings, Grant PUD commissioners approved a $247.4 million budget for 2014 during their regular business meeting on Tuesday.
The budget includes significant dollars for capital projects associated with the PUD’s federal license and aging equipment. Some of this work includes:
- Generator replacements at Wanapum Dam
- Hatchery site improvements and construction
- Recreation site enhancements
- On-going electric system reliability improvements
“This budget balances our operational needs while also being considerate of present and future customers,” said Commission President Terry Brewer. “Our mission focuses on providing reliable, low-cost energy for our customers; this budget allows us to make it happen.”
Commissioners are expected to take action before the end of the year on proposed retail rate schedule changes for 2014. For more information on Grant PUD’s capital projects visit: http://www.grantpud.org/your-pud/projects.
(509) 793-1571 / firstname.lastname@example.org